Thursday, March 27, 2008

moving into action

I was listening to my newest CD in my car today and I was struck by the words of the chorus of one of the songs.

The CD is Holding Nothing Back by Tim Hughes.

The song is called God of Justice and these are the words that struck me:

We must go
Live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward
Keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go
I just really feel like those are words we as a church need to be saying more often. We go to church and sing songs and read the Bible and all that, but we don't take the message of hope and forgiveness and salvation that we have to the world around us that needs it depserately.
When we do the things this song talks about, we're doing what Jesus sent us out into the world to do. We're following the example that He set for us when He walked on this earth.
My prayer is that we do exactly what this songs says . . . feed the hungry, stand beside the broken . . . move into action rather than stay comfortable in our church pews.

No comments:

Post a Comment