Saturday, January 3, 2009

wonders

It often amazes me how God will continue to bring up the same things over and over again. Like today . . . this afternoon I was listening to a sermon online form a favourite speaker of mine and they talked about asking God to amaze us with what He shows when we come to His Word. Then tonight at church was the introduction to a series on Revelation and the pastor talked about how the book of Revelation was written to make us worshippers when it writes down the amazing things that John saw in visions from God.

As I heard that tonight I made a connection in my head that I hope makes sense to those of you reading this. Revelation can be a difficult book to read and understand because of what it describes, and yet it is full of amazing things that should cause us to fall on our knees in worship of our God. I connected it to what I had heard earlier than the day online about asking God to amaze us with His Word and what He reveals to us. I think that when we turn to reading the Word of God asking for Him to amaze us, we will fall on our knees in worship of Him . . . and I think this is especially true when we read a book like Revelation. This side of eternity I do not think we will ever be able to fully grasp what all of the stuff contained in Revelation means, but when we read it and what we read about should cause us to fall on our knees in worship.

OK, I hope that made sense to you. I am not sure it made sense as I wrote it, but that is as clear as I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment