Monday, March 9, 2009

attitude

Have you ever really thought about how much your attitude plays a role in how you view the events that happen in your life? I came across a quote that I had read before the other day that reminded me of this.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, then education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the past. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens and 90% how I respond to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes...
-Charles Swindoll
There is so much truth contained in those words. The attitude that we choose to have about each day has a huge impact on how we perceive things.
This has challenged in the last few days to really take a look at the attitude that I choose to have each day. The days when I choose to have a bad attitude about things are the days when everything seems to go wrong and I see all the bad in all of it. The days when I choose to have a good attitude are different. Things may still go wrong, but I look at things differently and I see the good in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment