Thursday, February 23, 2012

rediscover

As I have reflected on Lent and taking time to remember what Easter is really about, I've had one song running through my head. The lyrics stuck with me the first time I heard the song and have continued to be words that have meaning for me.

Let Me Rediscover You - by Downhere



It's particularly the words to the chorus that have come to reflect what I want for these coming weeks in particular.

How can I say I know you?
When what I know is still so small
Let me rediscover you
And breathe in me your life anew
Tell me of the God I never knew
Let me rediscover you

Let me rediscover you
Tell me of the God I thought I knew
Jesus, let me rediscover you

That is the cry of my heart right now. Taking the time out in this season to spend with God and to seek to know Him better - to rediscover God and who He really is. That is my prayer for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment