Thursday, May 31, 2012

Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at days to come." Proverbs 31:25 (NIV)

When I read Proverbs 31 earlier today, this verse just jumped out at me. I hadn't really noticed it before. Probably because it's in the midst of a chapter in Scripture I haven't always liked; although it's growing on me as I actually read it for myself instead of just listening to others talk about it. There's something to be said for reading it and studying it for yourself. But, that's something for another post; right now, let's get back to Proverbs 31:25.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at days to come."

The woman talked about here is clothed with strength and dignity. To be clothed means to be covered with something. Strength and dignity cover this woman. They protect her.

A woman clothed with strength and dignity is a woman who is secure in who she is. She knows who God created her to be and rests in that and lives in that. Because of her confidence in who God created her to be she "can laugh at days to come." She doesn't have to worry about the future because she knows it is in God's hands and He will work it all out for her good (Philippians 1:6).

I don't know about you, but that sounds like how I want to live. I want to be the kind of woman described in this verse. And it sounds like a much better way to live than I often do.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at days to come."

Oh God, that is what I want in my life - that is what we want in our lives. Help us to learn to live this way each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment