Tuesday, June 19, 2012

modelling a life of prayer

We all know that prayer is important. We know that prayer can change things. We know that prayer has incredible value.

I've been reminded of that again in the last few days. Just over a week ago, my church lost one of our prayer warriors. She is now in the presence of her Savior and Lord. And my church has said good-bye to a lady we loved and valued as a part of our family. This lady knew that prayer was important and made a difference in what matters in God's kingdom.

I've been challenged about the value and importance I give prayer in my own life. I say that it's important. I say I value it. But what does how I live my life say about how I really view prayer?

Honestly, not exactly what I want my life to say about that. How I pray is not what's the important thing. It's whether I make it a priority. Whether I make time for it in my life.

Maybe I need to change things to make prayer a greater priority in my life. I've been inspired in reflecting on the life of a prayer warrior from my church. That example is one I want to follow in my life.

What about you? What do you say about the place prayer takes in your life? What does your life actually say about how you view prayer? Are there changes you need to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment