Tuesday, July 10, 2012

when life interrupts

Sometimes it seems like we can have plans of how we will do things, and then something happens that changes those plans. I had an idea for the post I would write for today, but I haven't had time to actually write it. Life threw a wrench in that plan on Friday. That really has become my topic for my post today. It's something I seem to continue to be learning - I don't know if it's because I'm stubborn and I don't want to learn or if there's something else.

Sometimes we make plans for things, even for what seems like little things, with the best of intentions. And then life comes along and messes up those plans. When that happens we have a choice in how we respond. We can get mad or frustrated that our plans aren't happening. Or we can choose to look for the good in what has happened that changed our plans.

It seems pretty obvious which choice is the better choice to make. Even if what happened that messed up our plans isn't a good thing overall, we can choose to look for the little bits of good in it. That makes life better. Getting mad because something in life got in the way of our plans isn't going to do us any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment