Wednesday, September 19, 2012

adventures with God

I just noticed that it has been almost a week since I posted anything here. Oops. That was not the plan, but other things in life took my writing time for the last week.

 
I’ve been thinking a lot about some of the adventures in life God takes us on lately. A question at the beginning of a Bible study I just started, asked what we were excited about on our next adventure with God And then about, what scared us the most about our next adventure with God.

 
Those questions started me thinking about this. It’s true that life can look like an adventure with God. But, it’s also true that life can look like anything but an adventure with God. We can get so comfortable with where we’re at and with staying safe that we miss any adventure God would have for us.

 
I know I do this easily and far more often than I would like. When things seem to be good and I feel like I know what to predict is coming, I want to stay in that place. I work hard to stay in that place. And in the process I miss things God may have for me, because they require me to leave that comfortable, safe place.

 
But when I reflect on my life, I realize that the times in my life I look back on with excitement and the times when I know I learned something, are the times when I was willing to go on the next adventure God had for me. The times when I took the first step away from the comfortable, safe place and followed God. Maybe not easy, but looking back, definitely worth it.

 
What excites you most about your next adventure with God?
What scares you most about your next adventure with God?

 
I think my answer to those questions is the same. I’m excited to see where God takes and the way He teaches me to depend on Him more completely to do things I don’t think I can do. That’s also what scares me the most about my next adventure with God.

 
How would you answer those questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment