Sunday, April 21, 2013

30th Birthday Post

Today is my 30th birthday. For some reason, days like these often make me reflective. This one especially.

I've been reflecting on many things the last few days. The good in my life. The things that have happened that I didn't expect. The things that haven't happened that I thought would have by now.

I'm realizing how important it is to reflect on both sides of that.

There are things I had thought would happen by the time I was 30 that haven't. But, if I just dwell on those things, life can become depressing.

There's another side to it all. A side where there are things that have happened in my life that I never expected. Things that are better than anything I could have imagined on my own. And I have to see those things as well, because they make life so much better.

I think that concludes my birthday post for this year. I don't have anything new or insightful to write about. Just encouragement to not just see one side of things, but to look for the other as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment