Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Known for Doing Everything in Love

"They'll know we are Christians by our love."

That's a line from an old song that began running through my head when I read a verse in 1 Corinthians. 1 Corinthians 16:20 says, "Do everything in love."

Everything we do should be done in love . . . for others and for God.

Our lives should be marked by love. Like the old song says, people should know we are Christians by our love. If we're going to be known by our love, then we need to be doing things in love.

We don't have to do everything in love. We can do things . . . in anger . . . in frustration . . . in indifference.

But, we can choose to do things in love.

And it does bring something different. When we do everything in love, it brings joy in what we do. Even when we're doing menial tasks, or things we would rather not do, if we choose to do them in love, we can find joy in doing them.

I don't always do everything in love. I have days (more than I wish) where I do nothing in love. I do it for other things. But that's not where I want to stay. I want to learn to do everything in love. I want people to know I'm a Christian because of my love, not because I have to constantly tell people that.

What about you? How are you doing at doing everything in love?

No comments:

Post a Comment