Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Testimony is Boring

My testimony is boring.
No one is going to want to listen to it.
I have nothing exciting to share.

I used to say those words all the time. And some of you might be thinking them after my post a couple of days ago on the power of your testimony.

But, I`ve been learning in the last few years that while my story isn`t full of dramatic turns, it is far from boring. God has still been working in my life. God has still been transforming my heart and my life.

I grew up in a Christian family. Asked Jesus into my heart when I was kid and have followed God since. I haven`t done it perfectly, but I never veered too far off the path. And I came back quickly when I did wander.

There was a time when I wished my testimony was more exciting - that God had rescued me from bigger things. But, when Scripture talks about the power of our testimonies, it says nothing about some testimonies being better than others. It says nothing about only some having power. The Bible just tells us that our testimonies have power. (see Revelation 12:10-11)

And the truth is, I still have stories of God working in my life. And they`re still powerful stories, even if they`re not dramatic.

You do too.

Whatever your testimony is, it`s not boring. No one`s is if they`ve allowed God in and allowed Him to change us.

No comments:

Post a Comment