Thursday, June 12, 2014

Greater than the one Living in the World

Twenty one hours of driving one way.

Ten days later . . . and twenty one hours of driving back.

Required lots of music to be enjoyed. Music of all kinds. Some CDs got played more than once. On one of those CDs, I was struck by the lyrics to many of the songs . . . talking about the life we've been called to live once we have been made new in Christ.

One of those songs has continued to run through my head as I've returned to work.




The lyrics for the chorus are:

"Cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed
When others say I'll never be enough
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world
In the world, in the world
And greater is the One living inside of me
Than he who is living in the world

In the midst of the busy-ness and the challenges of life, it can be easy to forget that truth. When things are not going as planned, we get discouraged and can feel overwhelmed. Those are the moments when we can find it easy to forget that the God we serve is greater than the one who is against us.

1 John 4:4 says, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

Today, I leave with you the encouragement that our God is greater than anything that our enemy, the devil, can through our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment