Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Approaching God with Anticipation & Excitement

These days when I open the door at my parent's house, more often than not I'm greeted by little footsteps running to see whose there. Or if my niece isn't able to run and see, she's straining to see the door and calling out to whoever it might be.

As long as she's home when I arrive, the anticipation and excitement of seeing who just came in is there. And I watch it happen as other people arrive as well.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like God is using this repeated occurrence in my life to teach me more about the kind of relationship He wants to have with me - with each of us.

Scripture tells us that we have been adopted into God's family. We have become His children (Galatians 4:4-7). We have the privilege of calling Him Father.

That relationship means we can come running into His presence with excitement and anticipation about being with Him.

Just as, when I arrive my niece is excited to see me and anticipating what we'll do together, I can be excited to meet with God and see what He has planned for our time together. We can approach the time with anticipation because we can be sure His plan is for our good.

How do you usually approach your time with God? Do you anticipate it with excitement? Or is it something of a duty to you?

Getting to the point of approaching time with God with anticipation and excitement, begins with asking Him to increase that in you. If you don't have it, ask God for it. As you start and you get some of that, it grows in you. God wants to spend the time with us, He make the way for us to the point of approaching our time with Him with excitement and anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment